Mutual of Omaha Disability Claim Denial
WAS YOUR MUTUAL OF OMAHA HEALTH OR DISABILITY INSURANCE CLAIM DENIED?
The Compassionate Insurance Denial Attorneys at Gianelli & Morris are Here to Help You
Corporate insurance providers like Mutual of Omaha provide insurance coverage for millions of people, but they make their profit by carefully avoiding paying out benefits. Mutual of Omaha might look for any reason to deny your claims, whether justified or unjustified. When Mutual of Omaha or another California insurance provider wrongfully denies your claims or engages in bad faith tactics, the zealous insurance denial attorneys at Gianelli & Morris are ready to step in.
Call our California insurance denial and bad faith attorneys today to find out if you are a good candidate for an insurance denial appeal or insurance bad faith claim. We are ready to help you protect your health, your finances, and your family.
Who is Mutual of Omaha?
Mutual of Omaha is the modern incarnation of Mutual Benefit Health and Accident Association, founded over a hundred years ago in Omaha, Nebraska. Mutual of Omaha has a number of subsidiary holdings including United of Omaha Life Insurance Company, United World Life Insurance Company, Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, and Companion Life Insurance Company.
Mutual of Omaha is now a Fortune 500 company generating over $500 million in revenue annually and employing over 1,000 people across the country. They provide many insurance products including short-term disability, long-term disability, health insurance, life insurance, and others.
Mutual of Omaha has also been targeted by numerous lawsuits alleging bad faith behavior inside and outside the insurance sector. In late 2020, for example, Mutual of Omaha settled a lawsuit brought by its own retirement plan participants for $6.7 million. The plaintiffs alleged that Mutual of Omaha mismanaged their 401(k) plans by choosing United–a Mutual of Omaha subsidiary–as an investment and administrative provider, generating extra revenue for their own companies. Mutual of Omaha denied these and other allegations of self-dealing in court but ultimately agreed to settle the case regardless.
Bad Faith Tactics to Watch Out For
Mutual of Omaha, like other big insurance providers, sometimes do anything they can to deny coverage for valid health and disability claims. They might look for any reason to deny a claim, however technical, and may even fabricate reasons to deny a claim. If you file a claim with Mutual of Omaha and they wrongfully deny your claim, unjustifiably delay the investigation of your claim, or engage in any other delay or bullying tactics, it is imperative that you get a seasoned insurance denial and bad faith attorney on your side as soon as possible. The sooner you start fighting back, the sooner you will get the coverage you are owed.
Watch out for bad faith tactics by Mutual of Omaha and other insurance providers, including the following:
- Ignoring medical evidence in the patient record or the scientific community
- Deliberately misstating or misinterpreting phrases in the policy
- Requesting independent medical examination by uncredentialed doctors or doctors in the wrong specialties
- Failing to make a claim decision within a reasonable period of time
- Sending unnecessary, burdensome, or duplicative document requests
- Using in-house nurses to review medical records and make medical conclusions about the patient, whether or not they are qualified
- Employing private investigators and other surveillance efforts to discredit a policyholder’s injury claims
- Relying on in-house vocational evaluators to make decisions about a policyholder’s occupation, transferable skills, ability to return to work, expected wages, and availability of other occupations, in order to limit benefits or deny disability claims
- Misrepresenting a policyholder’s claim value or legal rights, including the time frame to make a decision about a settlement
- Delaying issuance of payment on a valid claim
- Failing to provide a justification for claim denial
Call Gianelli & Morris for Help with a Mutual of Omaha Insurance Claim Denial
If your short-term disability, long-term disability, or health insurance claim has been denied, you do not have to take that rejection at face value. A dedicated, qualified insurance claim denial attorney can help you push back. We fight for the coverage our clients deserve, and we work to hold insurance providers to task when they wrongfully deny disability, health, and life insurance coverage. We help injured Californians with health insurance claims, STD and LTD claims, denial appeals, and bad faith insurance allegations, whatever the stated justification.
If you have been injured or have become disabled and need help pursuing a claim with Mutual of Omaha, or if you are seeking to appeal a disability or health claim denial from Mutual of Omaha or another California insurance provider, contact the experienced and talented Los Angeles insurance denial lawyers at Gianelli & Morris for a no-cost evaluation of your claim at 213-489-1600.