Was Your Ameritas Disability Claim Denied?
Gianelli & Morris is Ready to Help
Millions of people apply for short-term (STD) and long-term (LTD) disability benefits in the United States every year. Insurance providers reject half of those claims. Insurers like Ameritas look for any excuse they can find to avoid paying out on disability claims, whether those justifications are legitimate or fabricated. Purchasers of disability insurance often do not know their rights or fully understand their policy and will either accept a denial at face value or will not know how best to push back.
At Gianelli & Morris, our disability insurance denial attorneys have spent years fighting back against unscrupulous insurance providers denying claims for bad reasons or no reasons at all. We’ve fought on behalf of countless people like you who are not getting the medical treatment, income replacement, and other disability benefits to which they are entitled. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve under your Ameritas disability policy.
Who is Ameritas?
Ameritas is not a new company. Ameritas Life Insurance Corporation is a mutual insurance company that has been around in one form or another since the late 1800s. In 2005-2006, Ameritas merged with Union Central Life Insurance Co. and began to offer group and individual disability insurance. Ameritas and its entities have been variously known as Old Line Bankers Life Insurance Company of Nebraska, Union Central Life, and Acacia. They are one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the country.
Why Does Ameritas Reject Disability Claims?
Ameritas, like other disability insurance providers, may put forth one or more of a whole host of justifications for denying a disability claim. Some of the more common reasons that Ameritas may use to support a denial include:
- The available medical evidence does not support a claim of disability
- The claimant failed to provide sufficient evidence to support their claim
- Ameritas has conducted surveillance on the claimant and does not believe they are disabled
- The claimant failed to provide documentary proof of loss within the required time periods
- The policy has lapsed due to missed payments
- The claimed medical condition was an excluded pre-existing condition
- The insurance application contained false or misleading statements
- Some other policy exclusion applies
Whatever the stated reason for the denial, you have the right to appeal. You can provide the evidence Ameritas alleges is missing, demonstrate that you asserted no falsehoods in your application or benefits claim, or show that their stated justification misstates the facts and the policy. With a savvy insurance denial attorney in your corner, you can get the benefits you are owed, despite an initial rejection.
How to Deal with a Claim Denial
If your disability insurance claim has been rejected, you have the right to appeal. There are a variety of grounds on which you can and should challenge the denial, depending on the circumstances of your denial. Some of the grounds on which you could base a challenge include:
- Ameritas inadequately explained the reasons for their denial
- Ameritas misstated the policy language
- Ameritas is rejecting the available medical evidence and the opinions of physicians
- Ameritas is improperly trying to rescind a policy
- Ameritas is engaging in bad-faith tactics to delay payout and bully the claimant into accepting a lower settlement
- Ameritas is fabricating reasons for the denial to prolong the case
- Ameritas is improperly rejecting a claim based on a preexisting condition
Let an effective and zealous California insurance denial attorney review your case and work with you to build your strongest claims for coverage.
Call Gianelli & Morris for Help with an Ameritas Disability Insurance Denial
If your short-term or long-term disability claim has been rejected, you do not have to accept the rejection at face value. A seasoned and knowledgeable disability insurance claim denial attorney can help you fight back against the denial and ensure disability insurance providers are held accountable for wrongful denials. We help injured Californians with both STD and LTD claims and denial appeals, whatever the stated justification.
If you have become disabled and need help pursuing a claim with Ameritas, or if you hope to appeal a disability claim denial from Ameritas or another California disability insurance provider, contact efficient and effective Los Angeles insurance denial lawyers Gianelli & Morris for a no-cost evaluation of your claim at 213-489-1600.