Was Your Assurity Life Insurance Claim Denied?
Gianelli & Morris Has Your Back
Assurity Life Insurance Company is a Nebraska-based insurance company that includes three long-standing insurance companies: Assurity Life, Security Financial Life, and Direct Life. They issue a variety of life and disability insurance policies to individuals and employer-based plans across the country. Like many other insurance companies, Assurity has a history of denying legitimate life insurance claims in order to protect its bottom line.
At Gianelli & Morris, our life insurance denial attorneys have spent years fighting back against unscrupulous insurance companies when they deny claims for bad reasons or no reasons at all. We’ve fought on behalf of countless people like you who are not getting the life insurance benefits they paid for, leaving them unprotected after the death of a loved one. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve under your Assurity Life insurance policy.
Senior Insurance Denial Attorneys Helping You at All Stages of Your Insurance Claim
At Gianelli & Morris, our senior life insurance denial attorneys help Californians get the benefits they are owed after their loved ones have passed. We are ready to help you at all stages of your life insurance claim denial to get the compensation you deserve:
- Contesting a denial informally and communicating with Assurity Life
- Appealing a coverage denial by Assurity Life
- Filing a lawsuit against Assurity
Why Does Assurity Deny Life Insurance Claims?
Assurity Life and other life insurance companies will rely on any number of purported justifications to deny paying out on a life insurance claim. They may rely on language in the policy, language in the application, or allegations about what actually happened to the insured party. Whether those justifications are legitimate is a different story. Just because Assurity claims that a death falls outside their policy does not make it so.
Common reasons for denial include:
- Cause of death. Many policies include exclusions for certain causes of death, including suicide, criminal activity, or substance abuse. Some exclusions only apply for a set period of time (g., suicide excluded only for the first two years of the policy).
- Culpable beneficiary. If a beneficiary to a life insurance policy is or may be responsible for the death of the insured, the life insurance company will hold off on paying out benefits until the investigation is resolved. If the beneficiary is convicted, or even if they are not convicted but Assurity has a reasonable suspicion that the beneficiary is guilty, the benefits will go either to a contingent beneficiary listed in the policy or to the estate of the deceased. Either way, this will severely delay the payout.
- Policy lapse. Assurity may allege that the insured stopped paying for the policy and therefore it lapsed before death.
- Application errors. If an insured party dies within two years of purchasing the policy, Assurity may try to claim that the initial application included a misrepresentation. A material misrepresentation, such as a false claim about the insured’s medical history, dangerous hobbies, or age, can be used to “rescind” a policy. Rescission voids the policy, meaning that Assurity will need to pay back paid premiums but beneficiaries get no payout. After the two-year “contestability period” allowed under California law, life insurance companies cannot deny benefits based on any misstatement in the application.
Call Gianelli & Morris for Help with an Assurity Life Insurance Claim
If your whole or term life insurance claim has been denied, you do not have to accept the rejection at face value. A savvy and dedicated life insurance claim denial attorney can help you fight back against the denial and ensure your life insurance carrier is held accountable for any wrongful conduct. Our wrongful denial attorneys will help you at every stage of your claim, from applying for coverage to filing a claim, appealing a claim denial, and pursuing additional recourse.
If your loved one has passed and you need help pursuing a claim with Assurity, or if you hope to appeal a life insurance claim denial from Assurity Life or another California life insurance company, contact the passionate and talented Los Angeles insurance denial lawyers Gianelli & Morris for a no-cost evaluation of your claim at 213-489-1600.